On Sunday 26th July 2015 saw the annual “Jack Elliott” golf day challenge, at Worrigee Links golf course, between the Men’s Golf, Veteran’s Golf, Social Golf and Ladies Golf Sections of the Shoalhaven Ex-servicemen’s Club. A field of 60 players took to the course at 8.00am with a shotgun start, which started rather smoothly until the gale force winds entered the scene. Despite the windy conditions the day was immensely enjoyed by all, particularly the men’s section who took out the converted trophy. Many thanks go to our sponsors who included Shoalhaven Ethanol Fuel, Nowra Putt Putt, Coles Nowra, Golf Pro Shop at Worrigee Links, Southern Water Company, Shoalhaven Patios, Johnson Proctor Surveyors and lastly to East Nowra Bakery who supplied the delicious bread rolls. A BIG thank you to all who participated for without the competitors there would be no competition. Thanks, also, go to the Ladies committee who worked tireless on the day to host such a successful event – well done ladies.
The results of the day are listed below:
- Team Winners for the Memorial Trophy – Men’s Golf Club with 291 points
- Best Male individual score on the day – Chris Oliver with 36 points
- Best Female individual score on the day – Pat Leach with 36 points
- 1st Runner up – Male: Tony Hanson with 32 points
- 1st Runner up – Female: Pennie Conlon with 33 points
- 2nd Runner up – Male: Rob Nancarrow with 32 points
- 2nd Runner up – Female: Elizabeth Steeden with 26 points
- Longest drive men Div1 – Steve Akehurst
- Longest drive men Div2 – Michael Pearce
- Longest drive women Div1 – Liz Sikora
- Longest drive women Div2 – Jan Perkins
- NTP men Div1 – Chris Pender
- NTP men Div2 – Bob Pender
- NTP women Div1 – Elizabeth Steeden
- NTP women Div2 – Not on
- Bradman award – (a bag of potatoes) went to
- Male: Steve Mitchell
- Female: Cheryl Bargwanna
- Vet: Bruce Ryan
- Social: Charlie Hawkins
- Ball Run down went to the following – Michael Pearce, Garth Perkins, Curt Moy, Derek Trusler, Alex Leach, Fred Curbishly, Luke Bowden, Steve Akehurst, Chris Pender and Rob Walker.
Just as a reminder – Next year’s event will be hosted by the Veterans Golf Club.